|Public Works Department 401 W Dawes(956) 432-0792|
- Trash container must be out at curbside by 7:00am on your collection day. Leave trash container out at curbside until trash is picked up.
- All trash must be inside the trash container. NO trash will be collected outside the container.
- All trash must be bagged. Bagging your trash prevents littering and keeps your container clean.
- Container must have a minimum of 3 feet clearance from both sides in order for garbage truck arm to have access.
- Do not place rock, concrete, construction or demolition debris, hazardous material, flammable material such gasoline, oil, liquid paint, lead acid batteries, engine parts or tires.
- Trash collection is on Thursdays and Fridays. Thursdays collection includes north of E Main and east of Alton Blvd. Fridays collection includes S of E Main and all west of Alton Blvd.
Safety and Care of Container:
- Always keep lid closed to keep rain and animals out
- Remove your container from curb as soon as trash is collected to avoid container damage or being stolen. Also to maintain neighborhood appearance.
- Rinse container with water from time to time and let dry in the sunlight.
Brush/Junk Item Collection:
- Brush collection consists of all tree trimmings (no longer than 4 feet) and leaves (must be bagged).
- Bulky/Junk items consists of non-recyclable items such as mattresses, couches, chairs and tables that are too large to be placed in the city issued trash container.
- Placement of bulky items must not obstruct anything such as a fence, mailbox, water meters, gas meters, fire hydrants, vehicles or other trash containers.
- Brush/Junk collection is done once a month. West of Alton Blvd is collected on the first week of the month. East of Alton Blvd is collected on the second week of the month.
Frequently asked Questions:
Q: Can I place my tree trimmings on a vacant lot, empty house, abandon house that does not belong to me however I have permission from that property owner to do so?
A: No. The lot that the tree trimmings comes from must have a garbage account with the city in order for it to be picked up at that location. Vacant lots, empty houses and abandon houses do not have garbage account with the city and therefore brush can not be picked up from those locations.