|Public Works Department 401 W Dawes (956) 432-0792|
- Trash container must be out at curbside by 7:00 am on your collection day. Leave trash container out at curbside until trash is picked up.
- All trash must be inside the trash container. NO trash will be collected outside the container.
- All trash must be bagged. Bagging your trash prevents littering and keeps your container clean.
- Container must have a minimum of 3 feet clearance from both sides in order for garbage truck arm to have access.
- Do not place rock, concrete, construction or demolition debris, hazardous material, flammable material such gasoline, oil, liquid paint, lead acid batteries, engine parts or tires.
- Resident trash collection is on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mondays collection includes all residents West of Trosper Road. Tuesdays collection includes residents East of Trosper Road and West of Bryan Road. Thursdays collection includes residents East of Bryan Road. City limit boundaries are between 6 mile line and 4 mile line; from Shary Road to Moorefield Road.
- Brush must be separated from Junk/Bulky items
- Do not mix Brush with Junk/Bulky items
Safety and Care of Container:
- Always keep lid closed to keep rain and animals out
- Remove your container from curb as soon as trash is collected to avoid container damage or being stolen. Also to maintain neighborhood appearance.
- Rinse container with water from time to time and let dry in the sunlight.
Brush/Junk Item Collection:
- Brush collection consists of all tree trimmings (no longer than 4 feet) and leaves (must be bagged).
- Bulky/Junk items consists of non-recyclable items such as mattresses, couches, chairs and tables that are too large to be placed in the city issued trash container.
- Placement of bulky items must not obstruct anything such as a fence, mailbox, water meters, gas meters, fire hydrants, vehicles or other trash containers.
- Brush/Junk collection is done once a month.
Frequently asked Questions:
Q: Can I place my tree trimmings on a vacant lot, empty house, abandon house that does not belong to me however I have permission from that property owner to do so?
A: No. The lot that the tree trimmings comes from must have a garbage account with the city in order for it to be picked up at that location. Vacant lots, empty houses and abandon houses do not have garbage account with the city and therefore brush can not be picked up from those locations.
Q: Can I place household junk such as mattresses, sofas, chairs, whites, tables, toys together with brush?
A: No. Junk/Bulky items must be placed on a separate pile from the brush pile in order to be picked up.
Q: What do I do with old tires? Can I place them out for the city to pick them up?
A: No. The Alton Public Works Department has a tire collection, tire clean up twice a year. They are scheduled on last week of April and the first week of October each year. Alton residents only, can come by the city and drop off their tires (limit 4 tires per household, no rims and no commercial tires) at the Alton Public Works Department at 401 West Dawes, Alton, Texas.