The City of Alton understands and supports the publics right to access the public records created and maintained by the City in the course of their normal business. It is the goal of the City to provide service in a transparent manner, which includes timely access to requested records in accordance with the Public Information Act (PIA).
How do I make a public information request?
The only legal requirement to submit a request is that it be in writing. Please fill out the Public Information Request Form or send an email. Make sure you state the record(s) you are needing; please be very specific on the information you are requesting.
Tips for Successful Open Records Requests:
- Your request must be in writing. Only written requests trigger a governmental body’s obligations under the Public Information Act.
- Your request should be for documents or other information that are already in existence.
- The City of Alton is not required to answer questions, perform legal research or comply with a continuing request to supply information on a periodic basis that has information in the future.
- We recommend that all requests be sent by U.S. mail, by fax, by email, or in person.
- We recommend that all requests be addressed to the City Secretary. Requests made by facsimile or electronic mail must be addressed to the City Secretary in order to trigger an obligation under the Public Information Act.
Be advised that there may be a charge for requested information.
To request information from this governmental body, please contact:
By mail to: Baudelia Rojas TRMC|CPM, City Secretary, 509 S Alton Blvd. Alton, Texas 78573
By e-mail to: email@example.com
By fax to: (956) 432-0766
In person at: Alton City Hall, 509 S Alton Blvd. Alton, Texas 78573