Mission Statement: Alton Public Works Department is committed to provide efficient and diligent services in a safe, timely, professional and courteous manner, around the clock to better serve our residents and our community. To promote and deliver excellent services to the city and residents, and take care of all important needs so that the public can have a quality and safe life.
|Rudy Garza, CPM, Director|
|David Escobar, Assistant Director|
|JC Calderon, Supervisor|
The Alton Public Works Department is responsible for a variety of municipal tasks and projects that encompass the utilization of several divisions within the department. The divisions are as follows:
- Alton Solid Waste Services – garbage and brush collection
- Streets Division – pot holes repairs, streets, right of ways and alleys maintenance, signage, sewer repairs, drainage, minor construction
- Parks Division – parks and municipal buildings maintenance
- Recycling Division – promoting, school presentations, collection and public education for recycling
- Buildings Division – electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, minor construction of all municipal buildings
- Shop Division – all departments vehicle fleet repairs
- Animal Control – education, animal collections, enforcement of animal city ordinances, registration and permits for animals
Public Works also participates for long range development in conjunction with other city departments and provides quick response and follow-up to complaints from the general public.
Hero says, “Please re-use, reduce and recycle. Please report illegal dumping”