Alton Police Department Citizen Camera Program
The goal of the Citizen Camera Program (CCP) is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Alton Police Department and the community we serve. Accordingly, all CCP registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Participation is completely voluntary and registrants are not obligated to provide footage.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity provided by a registrant to the Alton Police Department may be used as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Registrant information and video will be reserved for official use by the Alton Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press without prior consent or as required by law.
- The Alton Police Department will contact a registrant directly through contact information provided to request any necessary/needed video surveillance footage.
- Registrants will not be considered an agent and/or employee of the Alton Police Department through participation in the CCP program.
- The Alton Police Department will at no time have direct access to any video surveillance footage or feeds owned by any registrants.
- Registrant grants the City of Alton through its Police Department an irrevocable license to use any video surveillance footage or feeds obtained through the CCP for law enforcement and governmental purposes.
I CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM AND I AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE CITY OF ALTON, ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES, IN BOTH THEIR PUBLIC AND PRIVATE CAPACITIES, FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITY, CLAIMS, SUITS, DEMANDS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION I MAY HAVE WHICH MAY ARISE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, FOR ANY HARM THAT MAY AFFECT ME WHILE PARTICIPATING IN OR AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM WHETHER OR NOT SUCH HARM IS CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF THE OFFICERS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF ALTON. FURTHERMORE, I WAIVE ANY CLAIMS, SUITS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION AGAINST THE TOWN, ITS OFFICERS, AND EMPLOYEES, IN BOTH THEIR PUBLIC AND PRIVATE CAPACITIES, FOR ANY HARM, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS, I MAY SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING DAMAGES, LIABILITY, CLAIMS, SUITS, DEMANDS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION WHICH ARISE FROM THE NEGLIGENCE, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF THE CITY OF ALTON, ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES.
Checking the “I agree” button below indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.