City of Alton Development Corporation
“Looking to Invest, Invest in the Future.
The City of Alton Development Corporation,
Where Growth and Opportunity Meet.”
The City of Alton Development Corporation (CADC) has a 4A corporation and a 4B corporation to facilitate all economic development functions for the City of Alton, Texas. Both were established on July 9, 1996 and have been promoting economic growth for the past twenty (20) years with positive outcomes.
The CADC was created to promote, encourage and enhance the creation of jobs and expansion of the local tax base through projects which assist in the retention and expansion of existing primary employers and which attract new primary employers and aid their development and growth. The CADC has created and obtained funding from several sources to promote good business practices throughout the city of Alton, Texas. The following are resources being provided:
- CADC Mission Statement
- Development Capital Improvements Plan 2018-2019
- The Facade Program
- Texas Leverage Funding (TLF) Revolving Loan Fund (RLF)
CADC CEO: Steve Pena
Email: [email protected]
Welcome From the President
The City of Alton Development Corporation (CADC) established in July of 1996 was created to promote business and industrial economic development within the City of Alton and the State of Texas. Through it tenure of an established corporation; the board of directors have identified economic trends within the city and have established a strategic plan of action to meet the growth of the city business sector. Through partnership and collaboration with the City of Alton and the Greater Alton Chamber of Commerce, the CADC will continue to be a driving force for the city’s economy.
The City of Alton Development Corporation (CADC) has a 4A (Type A) corporation and a 4B (Type B) corporation to facilitate economic development within the city limits of Alton, Texas.
The following are executive officers for the CADC:
- Ricardo Garza – President
- Calixto Hernandez – Vice President
- Jaime Barrera – Secretary
- Arturo Galvan Jr. – Member
- Felipe Gomez – Member
- Richard Arevalo – Member
- Miguel Barboza – Member
The following are staff that facilitate and provide support for the general operations of the CADC:
- Steve Pena – Chief Executive Officer
- Jorge Arcaute – City Manager
- Rick Gonzalez – CADC Legal council
Site Selectors/Developers Corner
- Zoning Ordinance
- Special Scenic Corridor Ordinance
- Building Fees and Codes Ordinance
- Fire Protection and Sewer Fees Ordinance
- 2018 Traffic Counts SH 107 & FM 676
- Alton retail market place profile
- Alton retail marketplace spread sheet
- 5 mile line
- Alton market area new
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact Steve Pena CPM, Chief Executive Officer for the CADC at [email protected] or call the office at 956-432-0760.
2018 Community Profiles and Analysis:
Throughout the City of Alton there may be offices space and business suites available for lease. Periodically the CADC will update this list to potential businesses that want to invest in Alton.
Alton Business Park # 1:
East side of Alton Blvd (SH 107) between Mile 4 and Mile 5. Lots 1, 5, 9A and 9B have been purchased. Lots available are lots 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8.
Alton Business Park # 2:
East side of Alton Blvd (SH 107) between Mile 4 and Mile 5. Lot 1 has been purchased. Lots available are lots 2, 3, and 4.
City of Alton Development Corporation
Application for Incentives
The City of Alton Development Corporation (CADC) is pleased you have chosen our city to locate/expand your business. This document specifies the information the CADC will require to assist you in your request for economic incentives from the CADC.
Your application should be submitted as early as possible during your business planning process. Application review and approval of an incentive agreement by the CADC must be complete and approved by all parties relevant to this agreement prior to the start of project construction.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ECONOMIC INCENTIVES
City of Alton Development Corporation
Attn: Mr. Steve Pena, Chief Executive Officer for the CADC
City of Alton
509 South Alton Blvd
Alton, Texas 78573-1196
Phone: (956) 432-0760
Fax: (956) 432-0766
E-mail: [email protected]
INFORMATION TO BE SUBMITTED
- Business name and legal status
- Name, title, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address of principal business contact during the application process
Proposed Project/Site Information
(to the extent known at time of application)
- Site location, including address (if assigned)*If business is to be located within an existing building/facility, specify the date it was built, contact information for the current owner and specify whether the proposed business plans to buy or lease the building.
- A project description and site plan locating all existing and planned buildings and facilities, ingress, egress and on-site circulation patterns (auto, truck and other, as appropriate). If improvements are to be phased over time said phasing must be indicated on the plan.
- A list of all public infrastructure required by the city planning department to be constructed as part of the development
- A list of all capital equipment to be installed on site
- Provide a statement of consistency/inconsistency of the proposed project and use with the city’s existing General Plan and Zoning Ordinance.
Nature of the Proposed Business
- Identify the type of business to be conducted, and provide a description of the products or goods to be manufactured
- Provide information regarding the source and type of any raw or component products to be used on site. Are they to be purchased from within or from outside the city, county, state or country?
- Provide information regarding the intended market of any products to be produced on-site or services to be sold from the proposed business. Will they be sold inside/outside the city, county, state or country?
- Briefly describe any potential negative environmental impacts from the proposed business and how they will be mitigated.
- Describe specifically why economic incentives are important to the decision to locate the proposed business within the city of Alton.
- Submit a list of communities where similar facilities, especially those owned/operated by your company are currently doing business.
- List any federal, state, city or other county government assistance for which the applicant has applied, and the current status of that request.
- Provide any additional information you would like the CADC to consider during its evaluation of your application.
Itemized Cost Estimates
- Building and other real property improvements Lease rate (if applicable)
- Capital Equipment
- Public Infrastructure
- Other information that you would like to the CADC to consider in the category
- Number of new full time employees to be hired, and projected hiring schedule (include specify number of employees who will be hired from within the city of Alton).
- Number of part time employees and projected hiring schedule (include specify number of employees who will be hired from within the city of Alton).
- Specify wage rates and benefits to be paid all employees to be located on site.
- Describe the businesses plans for employee development and training.
- List specific skills you will be seeking from the labor force.
This policy will sunset September 30, 2019 unless renewed or revised by the City of Alton Development Corporation (CADC).
The Regular meetings of the City of Alton Development Corporation (CADC) are held on the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:45 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room, located at 509 S Alton Blvd. Alton Texas. CADC meeting agendas are generally posted on Thursday afternoons before each regularly scheduled Monday meeting. From time to time the CADC may opt to have a Special Meeting and would be posted 72 hours prior to the meetings date and time. All workshop notices will be posted 72 hour prior to their workshop date and time.
The City of Alton Development Corporation meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. If you require special assistance, please contact the Steve Pena at 956-432-0760 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.